[wpkg-users] unexpected installation of already installed package

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Tue May 20 18:36:14 CEST 2008

I was beginning to edit a package definition in "packages.xml" with the intention of
gradually fixing and testing it.  The package was already installed on a number of
workstations, but I did not change the revision number, which was zero.  I revised
some of the install and upgrade commands and I changed the check condition.

I was surprised to find that workstations were trying to install the package when
they booted.  As I said, the package was already installed on the workstations and
there was no change in the revisions number.  I'm guessing the workstations noticed
the change in the check condition (which they did not meet) and decided an
installation (not an upgrade) was needed.

Expected behavior or a little bug?

Mark