[wpkg-users] upgrade adobe acrobat reader 8.1.2 to 8.1.3

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Nov 7 22:20:48 CET 2008

K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk wrote:
> PPS: I have a vague feeling that there is a known issue with the Adobe
> installer
> that needs you to forcibly uninstall one of the versions. It's been a
> long time
> since I had a look at that though...

I had a problem when I went from acrobat reader 7 to 8, it wouldn't
upgrade, spat out an error and exited.  I found some file on adobe's
knowledge base that fixes the permissions and allowed 8 to uninstall 7.
I can send you the .exe, I can't find the KB on adobe's website, I must
have not bookmarked it.  Have you thought about just going to Adobe
Acrobat Reader 9 instead of sticking with 8.x?