[wpkg-users] upgrade adobe acrobat reader 8.1.2 to 8.1.3

K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 22:50:32 CET 2008

Hiya,

- -----Original Message-----
- From: Adam Williams [mailto:awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us]
- Sent: 07 November 2008 21:21
- To: Jones Keith
- Cc: Thomas Stegbauer; wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org; Leon Hedding (ICT)
- Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] upgrade adobe acrobat reader 8.1.2 to 8.1.3
-
- K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk wrote:
- > PPS: I have a vague feeling that there is a known issue with the
- Adobe
- > installer
- > that needs you to forcibly uninstall one of the versions. It's been
- > long time
- > since I had a look at that though...
- >
- >
-
- I had a problem when I went from acrobat reader 7 to 8, it wouldn't
- upgrade, spat out an error and exited.  I found some file on adobe's
- knowledge base that fixes the permissions and allowed 8 to uninstall
7.
- I can send you the .exe, I can't find the KB on adobe's website, I
must
- have not bookmarked it.  Have you thought about just going to Adobe
- Acrobat Reader 9 instead of sticking with 8.x?

Yep, I know what you're saying but their issue is getting 8.1.1 off the
system
first. They might have needs to keep with 8.1.2. My own IS central
services
are a bit heavy handed about what "thou shalt not do". :-)

 I've a candidate for my vague feeling!

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.3c061cf7/0

About halfway down there's mention of using MSIZAP to kill a 8.1.1/2
issue.

Keefy