[wpkg-users] login delays

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Tue Oct 14 01:12:02 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue here, which is needed to get
> the bug fixed.
> Unless someone provides access to an affected machine (VNC + RDP)...

Unfortunately all our computers are inside a masquerading firewall, so I
can't give access :-(

> It seems to be related to some network card models, hardware... I don't
> know for sure.

This is a Dell Latitude D610.

Lets try a HP Compaq nc4200. Hmmm. Seems to work fine. In both cases. So
maybe it is somehow hardware related...

What does it mean when it says "Perform cleanup"? I tried looking for
this message in the code, but couldn't find it.

> All I can recommend is to schedule WPKG to start on machine shutdown,
> available in WPKG Client 1.3.5.

Hmmm. Somehow I think scheduling WPKG to start on machine shutdown, on a
laptop computer could be even more annoying then on startup. Consider
when you are in a hurry to get somewhere, but have to wait for the
computer to shut down first before you can take it.

Brian May