[wpkg-users] OpenVPN

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Oct 28 16:49:09 CET 2008

Hi,

Tarjei Huse wrote:
> Hi, does anyone happen to have a working example for installing OpenVPN?
>
> I'm a WPKG newbie so I was hoping someone had done some of the
> groundwork before me.

I started to create a WPKG package for it but there are some problems...

You can use the "/S" switch to make the installer silently. Example:

openvpn-2.1_rc13-install.exe /S

Unfortunately for me this did not work out properly as Windows keeps
asking for confirmation when the virtual TAP device driver is installed
(using Vista Business x64). The same also appears for applications like
VirtualBox, Wireshark or Hamachi. So I did not yet start to deploy such
applications automatically. However it might be possible to set the
driver signing policy to "ignore" within Windows Vista group policy in
order to get rid of such messages and install it silently.