[wpkg-users] WPKG Client: WNetAddConnection2 "Access Denied" Error

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Sep 26 14:03:47 CEST 2008

Kai Pastor schrieb:
>> From: Tomasz Chmielewski [mailto:mangoo at wpkg.org]
>>> 1. I do not know whether this connection setup is needed when a user is
>>> specified in wpkg.inst, but it doesn't work in the computer account/DFS
>>> setup. Can this be fixed?
>> I didn't understand what you mean here.
>
> My setup:
> - The computer is a member in an Active Directory domain.
> - WPKG client is running as local user "System".
> - The wpkg.js script is located in the DFS and readable to the AD computer
> account. User "System" implicitly uses the AD computer account for
> authorizing to DFS. Thus I leave the "WPKG path user" field empty.

Are you sure that SYSTEM user uses computer account to access shares?
Because as I tested it with Samba a year ago or so (and a workstation
which has joined the domain), SYSTEM user "guest" account to access shares.
Are you sure your shares don't allow guest access?

> Now the trouble is:
> (1) When I enter a plain UNC path, WPKG Client detects this and tries to
> execute the WNetAddConnection2 stuff. This fails, probably because I didn't
> specify "WPKG path user/password". WPKG Client stops. "Test settings..."
> reports the WNetAddConnection2 error, but succeeds to read the script.
> (2) When I put double quotes around the UNC path, WPKG Client no longer
> detects that this is a network path, and skips the WNetAddConnection2 stuff.
> It successfully executes the WPKG script. "Test settings.." reports failure
> for reading the script.

Yeah, there is something wrong here.