[wpkg-users] Borland Delphi 7 and C++ Builder 6

Jens Geile jens.geile at support.iserv.eu
Fri Sep 5 15:28:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

after messing around with Borland Delphi 5 a little more, not getting anywhere and not getting any helpful tips from here I moved on to the software...

This time its Borland Delphi 7 and C++ Builder 6.

While I managed to get the software installed through the command line I'm now facing some problems again.

I'm installing the software with the following command lines:
msiexec /i /qr "Delphi7\Bordland Delphi 7.msi" PRODUCT_ID="xxxxx" AUTH_KEY="yyyyy"
msiexec /i /qr "C++Builder6\Bordland C++Builder 6.msi" PRODUCT_ID="xxxxx" AUTH_KEY="yyyyy"

This works perfectly fine. Only problem I had was that these retarded installers _ONLY_ work when using "/qr" as parameter. Using "/qn", "/qb" or just "/q" results in an error message telling me that my serialnumbers are wrong.......

But here's the problem now: Delphi 7 won't run without me registering the program on a per-user level. Each user has to register the program. This wouldn't be that bad if it would actually work.
When you start Delphi 7 you get the message "Borland license information was found, but it is not valid for Delphi. You can not run Delphi without this information."
When you then start the Delphi 7 Registrationmanager it correctly detects the serialnumber and authcode but tells you "valid product information not found".

I've followed every guide i've found on how to solve this but no luck. If by any chance i get it to work for the local administrator i'm still facing the problem that it doesnt work for normal users...

C++ Builder 6 seems to work just fine instead. When a new user starts it it asks for registration but selecting "register later" works. Program runs fine.

So does anyone have a working script for Delphi 7? I'm out of ideas and nerves.

-
jens