[wpkg-users] WPKG Client: WNetAddConnection2 "Access Denied" Error

Kai Pastor dg0yt at darc.de
Fri Sep 26 14:49:19 CEST 2008

> From: Tomasz Chmielewski [mailto:mangoo at wpkg.org]
> > Are you sure that SYSTEM user uses computer account to access shares?
> > Because as I tested it with Samba a year ago or so (and a workstation
> > which has joined the domain), SYSTEM user "guest" account to access
shares.

> s/SYSTEM user/SYSTEM used/

Yes, I am sure - as far as DFS (\\DOMAINNAME\dfs) is concerned. This is
needed also for software packages assigned by AD Group policies. For other
UNC paths (\\XYZ\ABC) it might look different. Maybe it can be adjusted by
Group Policy.

I don't have a proper reference, but just found some hints are here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/serversecurity/serviceacc
ount/sspgch02.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/serversecurity/serviceacc
ount/sspgch03.mspx

The Local Service account would use anonymous credentials.

Bye,
Kai Pastor.