[wpkg-users] WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated..

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue Apr 21 16:57:58 CEST 2009

ok thanks for the clarification, I wasn't trying to sound like an ass in
my previous message.  I just know at my employer I've had users who
think they know how to fix computers (but all they can do is break them)
do more harm then good, but since we went to roaming profiles/active
directory/etc a few years ago when I started steering the ship, I and
made them all regular users and only IT support staff are
administrators, that ended the problems.

Xen is always good for saving power.  It's similar to VMWare, you can
run multiple virtual computers on one PC at once.  So you could create
yourself a Linux server on an already existing computer.  Some of
VMware's products are free, like ESX server, too, so you might look into
that.

Does each school have a firewall at their perimeter?  Are they networked
together via a VPN, or wide area network?  Is your bandwidth billed by
the gigabyte or unlimited, and how fast are the school's connections and
# of computers?  You could put your file server in a DMZ on your
firewall and have all school computers update from it (but that may not
be a good idea depending on how much bandwidth and computers your
schools have and how much you are billed for bandwidth, or do it only at
schools with no server).  But you could keep your current setup and just
have the remote servers grab the latest config and packages with ssh+rsync.