[wpkg-users] WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated..

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:48:09 CEST 2009

Maybe it's none of my business, but it sounds like you aren't an IT staff at your employer and you are handling IT affairs?  Or, if you're not a server administrator then when are you trying to do server administrative tasks?  Or you're a quasi/unofficial-IT person working in a remote office?

If you just want this for testing, do you have an available unused computer you can install Linux on, or a powerful enough in use desktop computer to run Linux in Xen?

Chris Wilcox wrote:

Thanks for the replies so far - unfortunately I have no access to the Linux server as they are sent pre-configured from the supplier and then installed by our Local Authority.

I am going to ask our LA if they can set me up (or tell me how to set up) an open share for WPKG use as this would be easier all round.

Chris

I'm the ICT Manager employed by the schools directly and contact with the LA is often slow hence I figured I'd try to work with the existing setup rather than ask them to change things across 15 schools.

I could simply set up a NAS or an additional Linux server (which one or two schools have had though I've phased these out over more energy efficient Buffalo NAS's over the past 12 months) but in the interests of saving money and power I was looking to utilise existing equipment rather than duplicate things.

I have a test wpkg server/client at my main site which I use for package development and testing and where in use, I can then take the completed packages and XML files to each remote school (or in some cases use remote access to download and install them without travelling).  It's the schools who have no NAS or existing 'server' that I have implemented who I am trying to save a bit of money for, and it looks like I'll have to ask the LA to see if they'll arrange or let me know how to add an open share to the Linux cache/firewall.

In case you're interested!

Chris