[wpkg-users] reboot="true" but no reboot

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 23 17:43:02 CEST 2009

Anders Nilsson schrieb:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:31:31 +0200
> Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
>
>> Anders Nilsson schrieb:
>>> I have a problem with automatic rebooting after package
>>> installation.
>>>
>>> I've tried using the reboot="true" option for a package but no
>>> actual reboot occurs.
>>> The log output of wpkg.js says "System reboot in progress!" after
>>> successful installation of the package, but not such thing happens.
>>>
>>> I've tried using both versions 1.0.2 and 1.0.4 of wpkj.js.
>>>
>>> I've also tried using the "shutdown -r -f -t 0" command as the
>>> last install command (as follows) of the package, but still no
>>> reboot. <install cmd='cmd.exe /C shutdown -r -f -t 0' />
>>>
>>> What am i missing / doing wrong here?
>> What operating system do you use?
>
> Windows XP, SP3.

In Windows 2000, cscript .js was able to reboot the workstation when
started during bootup.
Not any more in XP.

>> How do you launch wpkg.js (i.e. using WPKG Client or any other
>> method)?
>>

> I don't use the wpkg client but start wpkg.js from a Windows startup
> script like this:
>   cscript.exe wpkg.js /synchronize >> startup.log

cscript in XP alone won't reboot the workstation.
If you used WPKG Client, it would get "cscript ... wpkg.js"'s exit code
and reboot (or not).

You may try to change the reboot method - search for "rebootCmd" in
config.xml.