[wpkg-users] reboot="true" but no reboot

Anders Nilsson andersn at isy.liu.se
Fri Apr 24 11:22:44 CEST 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:43:02 +0200
Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:

> Anders Nilsson schrieb:
> > On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:31:31 +0200
> > Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:

> >> What operating system do you use?
> >
> > Windows XP, SP3.
>
> In Windows 2000, cscript .js was able to reboot the workstation when
> started during bootup.
> Not any more in XP.
>

> >> How do you launch wpkg.js (i.e. using WPKG Client or any other
> >> method)?
> >>

> > I don't use the wpkg client but start wpkg.js from a Windows startup
> > script like this:
> >   cscript.exe wpkg.js /synchronize >> startup.log
>
> cscript in XP alone won't reboot the workstation.
> If you used WPKG Client, it would get "cscript ... wpkg.js"'s exit
> code and reboot (or not).
>
> You may try to change the reboot method - search for "rebootCmd" in
> config.xml.

Currently I use wpkg.js version 1.0.4.
I've never had config.xml in place meaning all default values apply I
suppose.

Putting the default config.xml in place changed nothing, still no
reboot, but as expected i figure.

Changing the rebootCmd to 'special' (as suggested in config.xml) and
putting psshutdown.exe (from sysinternals) in a tools folder caused the
startup script never to finish???

Changing the rebootCmd to 'tools\\psshutdown.exe -r -f -t 0 /accepteula'
makes the wpkg log say "Could not locate rebootCmd
'tools\psshutdown.exe -r -f -t 0 /accepteula'...". Doesn't seem
possible to give command line parameters in the rebootCmd definition.

So, finally wrapping that command in a command file named
psshutdown.cmd, setting rebootCmd to 'tools\\psshutdown.cmd' makes the
system reboot when applicable according to package definition of
reboot="true".

Well, this works but perhaps the command wrapping is an affect of me
still doing something wrong?

  Thanks / Anders