[wpkg-users] Vista

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Mon Apr 27 16:52:35 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Chris Wilcox schrieb:

>  > I have no experience with Vista, still no need to use it.
>  > Best is to try on a test system, there is nothing that can get broken.
>  > Start with something simple and advance.
>
> How does running WPKG at shutdown affect packages that need a reboot? If
> there are multiple package installs pending, and package1 reboots the
> PC, does the shutdown process get triggered straight away and package2
> install continues, or does it wait for the user to initiate a shutdown
> the next day?

The reboot will happen as you specify it in package definition; reboot
doesn't depend on WPKG being launched on startup, shutdown, or in the
middle of the user session (i.e. in Administrator's cmd.exe window).

http://wpkg.org<http://wpkg.org/>
Chris,
a reboot is usually needed to remove locked files, since you are shutting down the machine, there is no reboot needed.
The system will do the necessary actions at the next boot.

---
Stefan