[wpkg-users] Question about depends and chain

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Mon Aug 3 18:57:13 CEST 2009

Hi Rainer,

depends adds the referencing package to the install list and installs according to the priority.

chain adds the referencing package to the install list and installs it directly after the package which references it.

Chain works from the tail to the head, am I correct?

Removing dependent packages is not processed in any order, but chained are removed in the opposite order as they were installed, am I correct?

Would you mind commenting on the assumptions above?

---

Stefan