[wpkg-users] Question about depends and chain

grubi CAGYKZCNMKSY at spammotel.com
Tue Aug 4 12:06:24 CEST 2009

Hi Rainer.

Thank's for clarification but for me there are still a few things not clear.

1.) Taking a quick look at the source makes me think that "depends"
works different
on profile and on package level. It seems that "depends" on profile
level works
similar to "include" on package level meaning only priority has an
impact on
installation sequence. Is that correct?

2.) "include" and "chain" or only supported on package level and not
on profile level?

3.) I did not find the dokumentation mentioning "include" and "chain" at
all.
Can you please be so kind to provide the link?

I'm trying to understand this in detail as my tool "createReport" should
cotain
a compliance check option to show which packaes are missing or out of date
and therefor I must completely understand how this part works.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
grubi