[wpkg-users] Changing WPKG Client settings

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Aug 4 15:00:41 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

In addition to what Tomasz already said...

Michael N. wrote:
> I have problem with "Changing WPKG Client settings"
> error:
>
> Adding package with ID 'wpkg-settings' to profile packages.
> Found package node 'WPKG Settings' (wpkg-settings) in package database
> Database inconsistency: Package with ID 'wpkg' does not exist within the package database or the local settings file. Please contact your system administrator!
> Synchronizing: Number of packages referenced by profile: 5

So WPKG complains that the package 'wpkg' does not exist at all. It cannot find
it in any packages/*.xml or within packages.xml and even not within the local
settings.xml (if it would have been installed already).

Let's read on...

> my packages.xml:
>
> <package
>         id="wpkg-settings"
>         name="WPKG Settings"
>         revision="1"
>         priority="0"
>         reboot="false"
>         execute="once">
>         <depends package-id="wpkg"/>
>          <install cmd='"%PROGRAMFILES%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe" --SETTINGSFILE=\\192.168.51.215\WPKG\setup\settings.xml' />
>         <upgrade cmd='"%PROGRAMFILES%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe" --SETTINGSFILE=\\192.168.51.215\WPKG\setup\settings.xml' />
>         <remove cmd='echo "nothing"' />
> 	</package>

As you see your "wpkg-settings" package depends on "wpkg". That's why WPKG tries
to install the package with id "wpkg" first but it seems not to be there at all.
Please check packages.xml and verify that the package "wpkg" exists.

> my profiles.xml:
> <profile id="default">
>         <package package-id="firefox35" />
> 		<package package-id="foxit-reader" />
> 		<package package-id="7zip" />
> 		<package package-id="ctapi" />
> 		<package package-id="wpkg-settings" />
>     </profile>

Here you add "wpkg-settings" to the "default" profile. See above.
"wpkg-settings" depends on "wpkg". Make sure this package exist.