[wpkg-users] Silent installs of MSI or exe files.

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Aug 11 00:24:30 CEST 2009

Hi Malte,

Malte Starostik wrote:
> In such cases I usually put the file in the same directory as the installer,
> i.e. somewhere in %SOFTWARE%.  Then, the first (source) argument to the copy
> command is on the distribution share and the second (target) argument is on
> the local host.  Both of them may be local or remote as long as they're
> accessible to the wpks.js process.  This makes %SOFTWARE% a good candiate as
> well as the share wpkg.js resides on.

I think David might be slightly irritated by the fact that the command you
quoted is incomplete:

<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /c %SOFTWARE%\MyAppini "%ProgramFiles%\MyApp\'/>

most probably the following expresses what you intended to demonstrate:

<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /c copy /Y "%SOFTWARE%\MyApp.ini" "%ProgramFiles%\MyApp\"'/>

Quotes around the source/target path are strongly advised too because the path
might contain spaces (e.g. "%ProgramFiles%" resolves to "C:\Program Files" on a
default system in EN language).