[wpkg-users] WPKG client issue on Vista

David Christensen David.Christensen at viveli.com
Wed Aug 12 22:00:16 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> David Christensen wrote:
>>
>> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

>>> You could try a newer version.
>>>
>>> But your issue is most likely just a pre- or post- script which fails.
>>> Or wpkg.js.
>>>

>> I installed a new version and got the same error.  I was able to figure
>> out that the issue was related to the execution context.  When I
>> deployed wpkg on my XP clients I created a user in my samba domain that
>> had access to the share where wpkg is mounted and then added this user
>> to each client as a local admin.  I tried the same thing in vista and
>> even with the newer client the same thing occured.  It looks like
>> permissions are much different in t for testing purposes I used the
>> administrator account for the execution context and restarted wpkg,
>> which worked.
>
> If you're logged in as a (domain) administrator, you probably have
> network shares already mapped.
> Therefore the test will most likely work, even if you use wrong credentials.
>

>>  However now that I can keep wpkg running, I am not able
>> to install any applications, I get an error invalid username or bad
>> password when it tries to run the package cmd specified in package.xml.
>>  Is there a particular wpkg client configuration that I need to use for
>> Vista clients?
>
> I'm not sure - could be UAC related?

I logged in as local admin and also tried logging in as a domain user
with access to the wpkg share that also has local admin privileges.  I
ended up configuring wpkg to use the domain user for access to the share
and the admin for execution context.  Is the access denied error coming
from the host or the samba share?

I am trying to use the download xml function to see if I get any
different results.  It appears to down load the file however when i try
to install the file wpkg can't find it.  I thought Windows stuck temp
files in %TEMP%?