[wpkg-users] Client questions

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Fri Aug 14 14:58:31 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 14. August 2009 14:22:14 schrieb simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca:
> I'm new and evaluating WPKG.
>
> My users don't have admin provileges. So I either need the WPKG client or
> I run the wpgk.js as an admin-user in the domain logon script.
> Anyone only using the wpkg.js in the logon script without the client?
>
> If I go with the client, and install it with the \\server\settings.xml,
> how to change globally the setting later ?
> Does the WPKG Client refreshes the config at reboot with the server-side
> settings.xml ?

    <package id='wpkg-settings' name='WPKG: Einstellungen' revision='20090709'
priority='10000000' execute='once'>
        <install cmd='"%ProgramFiles%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe" --
IMPORT=%WPKG_ROOT%\settings.xml'/>

        <upgrade cmd='"%ProgramFiles%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe" --
IMPORT=%WPKG_ROOT%\settings.xml'/>
    </package>

Where %WPKG_ROOT% points to the WPKG share (I put the settings.xml there
instead of %SOFTWARE% in case that setting is changed ;-)
Just assign such a package to every host and bump the revision number when
neccessary.  Note however that the changed settings will only be effective for
the next run, so you might add reboot="true" if that's not acceptable.

HTH,
Malte