[wpkg-users] Vista access to wpkg share

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:37:46 CEST 2009

> I have a XP and vista client configured identically. When I run the
> "Test Settings" option on the XP client 3 of 3 tests pass, executing as
> defined user, connecting to share and trying to read wpkg.js file on the
> share. The vista client fails to read the wpkg.js file indicating
> access was denied.
>
> Is there a difference in how vista and xp access a share?

What 'server' is the share on?  Vista has some issues accessing certain NAS devices though Buffalo for one provide a small registry file to import which resolves things.  The only other thing to check is that you are not already connected to the share with a different username/password pair as this stops things from working too on occasion.