[wpkg-users] Wpkg-client logging issue

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Jan 30 19:09:43 CET 2009

Hi Mike,

Mike Burgener wrote:
>  hmm, somehow seems to work now

Great.

> Do I have to run in debug mode everytime when I want to have logfiles?

No, you don't need to. Debug mode is completely independent from the log
level and mainly controls the amount of information written to system
event log.
In fact we strongly recommend not to use debug mode in production since
then WPKG writes a lot of debugging information into the system event
log and if event log is full WPKG and other services might behave
unexpectedly. WPKG was enhanced to properly deal with this exception but
other programs might not.

So you should not use the /debug switch. Instead just set the log level
to any level you find suitable for your purpose.

If you want to disable logging to log file jsut use logLevel 0x00.
>From config.xml:
	<!--

		* Log level is defined as a bitmask. Just sum up the values of each log
		* severity you would like to include within the log file and add this
value
		* to your config.xml or specify it at /logLevel:<num>.
		* Specify 0 to disable logging.
		*  1: log errors only
		*  2: log warnings
		*  4: log information
		*  8: log audit success
		* 16: log audit failure
		*
		* Examples:
		*     31 log everything (1+2+4+8+16=31)
		*     13 log errors, information and audit success (1+4+8=13)
		*      3 log errors and warnings only (1+2=3)
		*
		* Default value      : "0xFF"
		* Command-line switch: /logLevel:<level>

	-->