[wpkg-users] Check command

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Jun 11 14:41:56 CEST 2009

Hi ds10025

ds10025 at cam.ac.uk wrote:
> Does the check command behave like a while loop.
>
> I'm trying to understand the flow of the script.

Like WolframAlpha is used to say...
"I am not sure what do do with your input." ;-)

Each package can define one or more checks. Checks can be combined using logical
AND/OR conditions. Surely there is an internal loop evaluating the statements.

The most common use-case of WPKG is to synchronize software. Which means WPKG
figures out which packages are assigned to this host (via profiles) and then
uses the checks of each package to find out if it is properly installed or not.
If it is not installed, then it will be installed and if the checks are true
then the package considered to be already installed correctly.