[wpkg-users] WPKG Server 1.1.0 breaks packages working in 1.0.4

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon May 25 20:36:52 CEST 2009

HI Stefan,

Pendl Stefan wrote:
> Rainer my you share the install lines for Acrobat Reader and Java you use with 1.1.0 ?

I am using my set of generic install CMD scripts to deploy Acrobat Reader. You
might grab the script-set and readme here:
<http://bugzilla.wpkg.org/attachment.cgi?id=135>

I am using the extracted MSI file (extract the .exe using 7z) and then just use
msiexec (without special commands). I heard there is an adobe tool which can
create a transforms file (.mst) to disable adobe.com and similar components. I
will then just add these command-lines to the MSI installation.

About the exit codes. I will have a look - probably the %COMSPEC%-wrapping
breaks some exit codes. Unfortunately %COMSPEC%-wrapping seems to be the only
way to ensure STDOUT/STDERR flushing and therefore prevent cscript from
blocking. So either we have to find a work-around or we have to remove the
%COMSPEC% mapping completely but just keeping in mind that applications with
lots of STDOUT are not working :-(
The ideao to specify a flag (add an attribute to the install command) I don't
like too much. But it might be an option to allow disabling %COMSPEC%-wrapping
by an attribute - or automatically disable wrapping if the exit code needs to be
evaluated (<exit> nodes defined).

Personally I've not been affected by this because I try not to use these special
exit code mappings. In case of "net stop..." I would probably have written a CMD
script which exits with code 0 directly instead of mapping code 2 to
"successful" value.
Sorry, that's my way of handling such things ;-)

I will investigate if %COMSPEC%-wrapping screws up the exit code of some apps.