[wpkg-users] WPKG Server 1.1.0 breaks packages working in 1.0.4

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue May 26 21:28:19 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Pendl Stefan wrote:
>>> %COMSPEC% /c %ComSpec% /c net stop JavaQuickStarterService >NUL 2>&1
>>>
>> So you don't need the second "%ComSpec% /c", do you?
>>

> Falko,
>         so you are using the extracted versions of the downloaded installers, which adds an additional step to the process and needs to be explained to the other staff members.
>
> The COMSPEC wrapping will definitely change all my packages.
>
> I will give it a try and see how it all works out.

Well, I run some scenarios to call binary files or cmd scripts from WPKG using
the latest version including "%COMSPEC%" wrapping. CMD seems to return with the
exit code received from the last command executed (as every unix shell does). So
for none of my commands this changed the exit codes (at least not that I am
aware of.

All tests have been done on Vista-64, I will do some tests with XP too when I
have some time.