[wpkg-users] Just running one package at each run

simplesi siwalters at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 19:20:26 CET 2009

I've a need for some sort of mechanism to just deploy one package at a time
at each run of wpkg.js.

Some packages (Anti-virus, service packs etc) can take a long time to
install and I'd like to have WPKG just do one of these packages on one run
of wpkg.js (e.g. one package the 1st time and then the next package on the
next run).

Is there an easy way of doing this at the moment?

The other big wish is to have big (as in long time to install) packages be
installed in sequence -e.g. The 2Simple Total Software package takes about
30 mins to install - I don't want all the computers in a suite to sit there
for this time the next day but I wouldn't mind 1 or a few of them to do the
install.  But I don't want to have to keep altering host/profile files each
day.

Any ideas on how to achieve this one? :)

regards

Simon