[wpkg-users] wpkgCreateReport - last install date

simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca
Fri Sep 4 15:13:39 CEST 2009

Hi all,

wpkgCreateReport  lacks a installation date for each package. The XML file
is updated even if there is no installs on the client, thus the "last
update" refers to the last time WPKG is executed (which is the last reboot
of the PC)

I found that the best place to get this is to keep the wpkg.js logs in a
central place, LogAppend true, then I can search All logs with grep to
find date of installation of each package.

For the record if anyone is interested, here's my setup:

config.xml:
                <param name='logAppend' value='true' />
                <param name='logLevel' value='0x07' />
                                <param name='log_file_path'
value='\\\\server\\WPKG\\WPKG-preprod\\clientStates' />

Examples of search: (run this from ClientState directory).

grep ERROR *.log > WPKG-errors.log
grep Processing *.log > WPKG-installs.log

Simon Begin