[wpkg-users] Changing directory during install?

Kai Pastor dg0yt at darc.de
Fri Sep 11 19:34:02 CEST 2009

Kevin Keane schrieb:
> I'm trying to set up a couple packages for WPKG, and am running into the
> issue that I can't really control what the current directory is.
> Specifically, this is for the Ghostscript installer (setupgs.exe) which
> expects to be run from the current directory.
>
> In my scenario, the standard solution does not work because the
> directory only has a UNC path. For various reasons, I can't map a drive
> letter for it. And that means that I can't use cmd.exe to change
> directory. The Ghostscript installer itself can handle a UNC path as the
> current directory.
>
> Are there any alternate solutions that would work with UNC paths?

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't map a drive letter for it".

Instead of "Net use ...", I use "pushd [UNC-Path]" which either fails
(errorlevel >= 1) or puts you straight in the right directory of a newly
mapped drive. So you don't have to care about drive letters.

See "help pushd" for more details.

Bye, Kai