[wpkg-users] createReport.js - example please

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Thu Sep 3 17:31:47 CEST 2009

> Can somebody give a little example for the createReport.xml file?
>
> I always get a "invalid procedure call argument" at line 435
> (no, sorry I cannot debug this in reasonable time :-((
>
> I use \\server\xmlocation to save all wpkg.xml files into (works) and
> therefore I have just adapted the first 2 entries "BaseDir"
> (server) and
> "StateStorePath" (xmlocation)
> But it does not work.
>
> part of my createReport.xml:
>
> <settings>
>    <generalSettings>
>       <wpkgBaseDir>server</wpkgBaseDir>
>       <clientStateStorePath>xmlocation</clientStateStorePath>
>       <createStateColumn>true</createStateColumn>

You will have to use the following:

<clientStateStorePath>\\server\xmlocation</clientStateStorePath>

If your WPKG root folder is something like \\server\wpkgroot then you need the following:

<wpkgBaseDir>\\server\wpkgroot</wpkgBaseDir>

---

I have the wpkg-create-report folder located under tools\3rd-party and since I have a testing and a production installation, I use the following batch script to call createreport.js:

Rem---code start (watch for line wraps)
@rem
@echo off

set BaseDir=%~dp0..\..\..

echo.
echo Deleting Setup Hosts ...
echo.
for %%F in ( "%BaseDir%\status\*_setup.xml" ) do del /f /q "%%~F" && echo Deleted "%%~F" ...

echo.
echo Creating Full Report ...
title Creating Full Report ...
echo.
cscript.exe -Nologo createReport.js -wpkgBaseDir:"%BaseDir%" -clientStateStorePath:"%BaseDir%\status"

echo.
echo.
echo Creating Report of Hosts needing Changes ...
title Creating Report of Hosts needing Changes ...
echo.
cscript.exe -Nologo createReport.js -wpkgBaseDir:"%BaseDir%" -clientStateStorePath:"%BaseDir%\status" -outputFile:"Client Status Report.[ext]" -packageStateFilter:"install;upgrade;downgrade;remove"

echo.
pause
Rem--code end

---