[wpkg-users] Problems with WPKG Active directory Installation

ballsman at web.de ballsman at web.de
Sun Sep 6 02:14:44 CEST 2009

>> Hello Malte,
>> >
>> > thanks for your answer. Actually, I would like to have a
>> > clientless solution. Therefore I installed WPKG with AD and
>> > configured a group policy as discribed in
>> > http://wpkg.org/WPKG_with_Active_Directory to run "wpkg.js"
>> > during system boot of a client.
>> >
>> > As you mentioned in your Mail, read permissions for
>> > "everyone" are not suffient. But read permissions for "Domain
>> > Computers" also doesn't work. Tested on the client as user
>> > "System" using "psexec -s" (Thanks for this hint!).
>> >
>> > Any other ideas?
>> >

>You will have to allow guest access, this is what the SYSTEM account uses.
>
>---
>Stefan

I finally found the problem. You just need to the grant read permissions for "authenticated users". But the important thing is to use  the hostname (\\wpkg_server\wpkg) instead of the ip address (\\192.168.10.2\wpkg) to access the share. It seems that the local system account of the client computers can't access the shares of my server using ip adresses.

Thank you all for your help.

Regards,
Ronny