[wpkg-users] help: install if file does not exist

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Sep 17 12:53:24 CEST 2009

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Jarick wrote:
> Thanks for the info Rainer, I will shift to your suggestions instead of my rename.
> Was my check syntax correct though ?

I did not do a real test but at least I can say that your package definition
"looks" OK. However as I said I would expect the file to be locked. In any case
you might break some integrity checks if you start modifying/renaming binaries
of a program, so usually it's not the best way to modify the files of a program.
In any case it would have you left with an invalid autorun registry entry which
tries to run jusched.exe which would not exist any more. It makes much more
sense just to remove the autorun.