[wpkg-users] upgrade to latest wpkg (1.1.2

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Sep 28 19:46:43 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Pendl Stefan wrote:
>         I use the config.xml file as a resource for the command line switches, because I do not need to run wpkg.js.
> In addition I noticed the encoding of the file changed from "CP 1252" to "UTF-8 with BOM", which might be due to compatibility issues with the Unicode characters.
>
> Using WinMerge it takes just a few minutes to update my testing and my production environment, since I already used the latest RC in my test environment, there was nothing holding me back to roll it out to the production immediately.

I fully agree. Migrating a couple of lines from an old config.xml to a new one
does not take too much time and assures that your config.xml includes the
documentation for every (even optional) switch.

So yes, I fully support the approach to migrate config.xml.

It's true as well that the encoding has been changed. This is required in order
to allow the encoding of all characters within the messages.