[wpkg-users] class not registered

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 15 20:56:02 CEST 2010

Hi Matthias,

On 15.04.2010 16:54, Matthias Röttger wrote:
> The log said (translated from german):
> 2010-04-15 16:17:57, ERROR   : Error when searching registry sub-keys
> at 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall'|Code:
> 80040154; Descriptions: class not registered
> 2010-04-15 16:17:57, ERROR   : Error evaluating package check for
> package 'Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 (de)': 'length' is Null or no object
>
> Does somebody know which component I need to re-register?

Hmm, this might be related to the following line:

var locator = new ActiveXObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator");

It initializes a WMI object.

Does this happen on one node only? Personally I did not experience such kind of
error yet but for sure it will prevent WPKG to parse registry entries and
therefore to find uninstall items.

Probably you should check your system/application event log and watch for WMI
errors.

Some google research did not reveal a lot of concrete hints but you might try to
re-register WMI:
regsvr32 wmidcprv.dll

Maybe you will find more concrete hints looking at the messages in your event
log (if any).