[wpkg-users] Script execution failure

Brodie, James James.Brodie at Fostersgroup.com
Tue Aug 10 03:31:01 CEST 2010

I am currently testing WPKG so as we can deploy it across our network.
Have run into a problem when using with wpkgExpress.

In our set up we are using the latest version of WPKG, WPKG client and
wpkgExpress. After setting up the config file to pull the xml files from
the correct location, I managed to get the client to update and install
software when using the command "cscript \\server\wpkg\wpkg.js
<file:///\\server\wpkg\wpkg.js>  /synchronize /debug", however it will
not synchronise using the WPKG client service. In the event log I get
the following message:

Event Type        Error

Event Source     WpkgService

Event Category  None

Event ID            1

Date                 10082010

Time                 85642 AM

User                 NA

Computer          YWPKGCLIENT

Description

Script execution failure. Exit code 1

I thought this might be something to do with wpkgExpress, as I had not
set up the default xml files in the base WPKG dir. However, even when I
had these files set up, I received the same error on the client.

Regards,

James Brodie

Trainee Engineer

Process Control & Automation Engineering

Foster's Group Limited

Ext 4958 | Mobile 0423 530 928

Ph 07 3451 4958

james.brodie at fostersgroup.com <mailto:james.brodie at fostersgroup.com>

This email and any attachments may be confidential and legally privileged.
Please notify the sender immediately if you received this message in error.
Please do not delete or alter this notice.