[wpkg-users] Script execution failure

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Tue Aug 10 09:25:35 CEST 2010

Hello James,

> I am currently testing WPKG so as we can deploy it across our network.
> Have run into a problem when using with wpkgExpress.

for all problems related to wpkgExpress, please use the wpkg-Express
mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/wpkgexpress-support?hl=en

> In our set up we are using the latest version of WPKG, WPKG client and
> wpkgExpress. After setting up the config file to pull the xml files
> from the correct location, I managed to get the client to update and
> install software when using the command "cscript \\server\wpkg\wpkg.js
> <file:///%5C%5Cserver%5Cwpkg%5Cwpkg.js> /synchronize /debug", however
> it will not synchronise using the WPKG client service. In the event
> log I get the following message:

Perhaps it's better to have a look into the debug log file - if you did
not set "log_file_path" parameter in config.xml, then have a look at
your %TEMP% directory.

> Event Type        Error
>
> Event Source     WpkgService
>
> Event Category  None
>
> Event ID            1
>
> Date                 10082010
>
> Time                 85642 AM
>
> User                 NA
>
> Computer          YWPKGCLIENT
>
> Description
>
> Script execution failure. Exit code 1
>

> I thought this might be something to do with wpkgExpress, as I had not
> set up the default xml files in the base WPKG dir. However, even when
> I had these files set up, I received the same error on the client.

In your config.xml, what did you set for web_packages_file_name,
web_profiles_file_name, web_hosts_file_name?

Have a look at what wpkgExpress gives you as XML outputs - e.g.

http://yourserver/wpkgexpress/packages.xml
http://yourserver/wpkgexpress/profiles.xml
http://yourserver/wpkgexpress/hosts.xml

To differentiate between wpkgExpress and wpkg errors save these to
"normal" xml files and try with wpkg.js on command line.

I hope I could give you an idea, where to have a closer look.

Best regards,
Falko