[wpkg-users] Variable expansion question

Heiko Helmle (horiba/eu) heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Thu Feb 18 08:51:36 CET 2010

Hello Paul,

This didn't work for me either (on 1.3.9 and 1.3.10 at least). I defined
it as a variable in the profile.

Best Regards
        Heiko

From:
"Landers, Paul" <paul.landers at ttuhsc.edu>
To:
"wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org" <wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org>
Date:
17.02.2010 20:57
Subject:
[wpkg-users] Variable expansion question

I'm having difficulties understanding the expansion of the %SOFTWARE%
variable.  I've created a custom path on my server from which to serve
installers.  I've created the SOFTWARE variable in the client (version
1.3.14) and I've set and verified the path in my silent installer.
However, when I run cscript /debug from the client I receive a "file not
found" error from the silent installer, as if the expanded path is
incorrect.  I can successfully browse to the installer folder from Windows
Explorer.  Is there a way to discover how the wpkg client is actually
expanding the %SOFTWARE% variable, similar to a shell >echo $SOFTWARE ?

Thanks!

Paul