[wpkg-users] Will WPKG uninstall software it did not install?

Fri Feb 26 23:19:47 CET 2010

I believe that statement isn't quite accurate. WPKG will manage software that is part of the profile, but also software that has been part of the profile and was later removed from it. At least, as long as the client has seen the prior version of the profile, and you don't use the /noremove switch.

Or am I wrong here?

> WPKG will manage software, which it did not install, but is part of the
> profile of the computer.
>
> WPKG does __not__ scan the installed software and remove anything,
> which does not match the profile of the computer.

To be honest, I don't completely trust WPKG in this respect. I have never been able to conclusively determine any scenario, but I could have sworn I had seen WPKG remove software that had never been part of the profile (even after we discussed it on this list a couple months ago).

In the end, for me it has not become much of an issue for me - I simply don't add packages for those things I want to be certain about.