[wpkg-users] WPKG client service script error on clean

Sun Feb 28 22:59:29 CET 2010

> >> You can also try http://wpkg.org/files/client/beta/1.3.14/ -
> although there were almost no changes in machine account handling code.
> >
> > I will do that for sure. I would like to clarify - do I have to make
> the trasform with the Properties table additional record, pointing to
> settings.xml file, or else .msi package install will fail?
>
> I think instead of wasting time on creating a transform file (too bad
> AD
> does not let you specify MSI parameters) you can just run a AD script:
>
> cscript \\path\to\wpkg.js /install:wpkg

Be aware that this will the wpkg package to your wpkg.xml file - i.e., it will be managed software. If your profile does not contain wpkg, wpkg will be uninstalled again.

Two ways around that. You can add the line:

Del %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\wpkg.xml to the AD script. That will make all programs unmanaged again.

Or you can use msiexec.exe instead of wpkg.js to install your package. That will install wpkg but leave it as unmanaged code. Specify the properties you need on the command line (be aware that unlike a transform, msiexec will only allow you to set properties that are spelled in all upper case in the MSI).