[wpkg-users] A few quick questions

Sean sean at ttys0.net
Thu Jul 1 21:01:27 CEST 2010

> Should this be
> possible? Would I have to remove all the packages that the old installation
> installed and reinstall them with the new so it would know what it can
> control? Should I be able to remove the old client using the new client?

We use AD Group Policy to handle the installation of the actual WPKG
software. It's the only software that's managed via Group Policy, with
the rest handled via WPKG. It might not be applicable in your case,
but that's how we get around the "chicken and egg" problem.

> Also, what is the best way to use wpkg to change the administrator account
> password on windows xp and vista?

We use the pspasswd tool, which is part of the pstools package
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx).

-Sean