[wpkg-users] Firefox 3.6

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Fri Jul 23 12:24:42 CEST 2010

Am Freitag, 23. Juli 2010, 12:04:28 schrieb Marco Gaiarin:
> Mandi! Rainer Meier
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > To do so just do the following:
> > 1. create/copy "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\policies.js"
> > I am using policies.js with the following content:
> > pref("general.config.obscure_value", 0);
> > pref("general.config.filename", "mozilla.cfg");
>
> PS: a little corollary... why use defaults/prefs/local.js to load
> another .js file, why not simply put all the settings on
> defaults/prefs/local.js itself?

Because the above is not like including mozilla.cfg from local.js.  It only
tells FF to use mozilla.cfg which is read and executed at a slightly later
time during browser startup.  local.js doesn't have access to the API
mozilla.cfg can use and many things have not yet been set up when local.js is
read.  AFAIR even the user profile isn't accessible that early.  pref() is a
different function than what's available as pref() from the profile's
prefs.js.

Regards,
Malte