[wpkg-users] wpkg uninstall check subkey in registry

Troy Hamilton troy.a.hamilton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 19:37:16 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Pendl Stefan <stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at>wrote:

> Hi Rainer,
>
> I think the check for the sub-keys is adding a huge delay to the whole
> process.
>
> With RC3 checking over 100 packages was done in a glimpse, but now it takes
> ages.
>
> I would recommend a setting to turn it on or off, or even better to create
> a check attribute for the sub-key-level-depth.

Since the sub-key uninstall entries don't show up in "Add or Remove
Programs" list (thus they are not true "uninstall" checks) should they be
treated the same as any other "registry" check so as to avoid the delay?

It appears that this must really be an edge case if it has never come up
before now.

Cheers,

Troy