[wpkg-users] A few issue

Vasaris krx at takas.lt
Tue Mar 2 12:54:07 CET 2010

> On 02.03.2010 12:25, Vasaris wrote:
>
> > 4. 1.3.14 is broken. It does not reads settings.xml file on the client side. I have custom settings.xml to install on the shutdown instead of the startup, custom messages localizes in Lithuanian - does not work any of it.
>
> If you start wpkginst.exe, do you see your custom settings there?

I beg my pardon, but start it where/under what circumstances?

> If not, how did you "apply" the settings (from settings.xml file)?

I do not "apply" them manually in any way. I have used .mst transform on the 1.3.14 beta install to point SETTINGSFILE property in the .mst to the C:\system\wpkg\settings.xml. I do not know, where this setting is store at the client, i did not see it either in the registry in WPKG* keys, or in the server startup line (ImagePath C:\Program Files\wpkg\WPKGSrv.exe)

This file is pushed by another script from the network location to the clients. I always edit the file in the network location, by first importing it, changing values/properties, exporting it on top & overwriting in-place. The push-script works perfectly, the file gets copied everytime the client workstation reboots.