[wpkg-users] Getting WNetAddConnection2

Jeff_Applegate at fws.gov Jeff_Applegate at fws.gov
Wed Nov 10 19:06:23 CET 2010

Jason,

Thanks for the tips. I was looking through the archives just after I
posted. What I found was a post from earlier this year about this same
issue. The recommended resolution was to put the domain or system name
information into the user name field like this -> system\user. I tested
that and now I am able to get the service to start and run properly. Again
I really appreciate you taking the time to help :D.

Jeff Applegate
ASRC Management Services
Contracted To:
USFWS
Fort Collins Science Center
2150 Centre Ave., Bldg C
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Phone: 970-226-9178
Fax: 970-226-9230
Email: jeff_applegate at fws.gov

Jason Oster <jason.oster at campnavajo.com>
Sent by: wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org
11/10/2010 10:36 AM

wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [wpkg-users] Getting WNetAddConnection2

On 11/10/2010 09:38 AM, Jeff_Applegate at fws.gov wrote:
> All,
>
> I am getting the error "WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session
> does not exist. It may already have been terminated." What I have found
> is that I have my personal VM that I can run this on perfectly. I just
> built up a physical system and I am getting the error listed above. With
> my VM the WPKG service starts no problem. With the physical system the
> service doesn't start. That is why I believe that I am getting the above
> error. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the error?

Ensure the service is trying to start with the default SYSTEM account,
and not as a domain or local computer user.  In wpkginst.exe, the "WPKG
execution context" will have user set to "SYSTEM" and password unset.

It could also be related to the WPKG path user/password.  I use an
anonymous read-only Samba share for my WPKG source, so user/password are
not necessary.  It could be different with domain shares.
[attachment "jason_oster.vcf" deleted by Jeff Applegate/R9/FWS/DOI]