[wpkg-users] test successfull or not ?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Oct 20 09:44:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 20.10.2010 09:26, Ludovic DUFLOT wrote:
>  Yes, I installed the 32bit version of wpkg-client ! ;)
> And all failed packages are for 64bit programs (Userlock, Paint.Net, 7-Zip, ...).
> It's strange that only 32bit packages work and 64bit not !

It's not really strange. This is due to file system and registry virtualization
in Windows x64. 32-bit applications (including 32-bit version of cscript.exe
used by 32-bit WPKG client) will not be able to read 64-bit registry keys so
WPKG cannot read this data and therefore cannot find the keys you're looking for
and reports tha software not being installed.

So either you need to deploy 64-bit WPKG client or use the included wrapper.js
(launch wrapper.js instead of wpkg.js). Read instructions how to use wrapper.js
in the header of wrapper.js. Basically you just need to copy it to the same
directory as wpkg.js and launch it instead of launching wpkg.js directly by WPKG
client.

However I recommend to upgrade to the 64-bit version of WPKG client.

> I use 32bit version of wpkg-client because I recompiled it for using wscript
> instead of cscript (I don't like the black windows of cscript and I need that
> service interact with the desktop sometime). And I did'nt arrive to recompile in
> 64bit. :(
>
> So, I have a request : for futur release of wpkg-client, it's great to have the
> choice between cscript (default) or wscript for running wpkg.js ! ;)
> Think's for your help.
> Ludo

Not sure what you're doing exactly but if you want to launch wpkg.js using
wscript, then just use "wscript.exe \\path\to\wpkg.js" (works in WPKG client
too). The choice wheter wpkg.js is executed by wcript or cscript is done by
Windows file associations by default (wpkg.js itself does not have any influence
on the choice).