[wpkg-users] problems with Firefox Extensions

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Wed Oct 20 14:50:22 CEST 2010

Hello Lewis,

> I have some problems with the Firefox Extension install packages I
> found here:
> http://wpkg.org/Firefox_ext_install_downloads
> the script install-extensions.cmd give some errors about "access denied"
> Excatly the error is at the following line:
> set id=%line:~8,-9%
>

> the variables concern some lines of an open (install.rdf file of an extension) file so that it give me the "access denied" error.
> After that the "id" variables is empty and then it delete the extension directory.. also it can't add the regkey to the registry.
>
> Finaly wpkg cant install any extension.

the above mentioned way of installing firefox extensions does work
flawlessly here, that's why I've created this wiki page.

What operating system do you use? Have you adjusted the xpidir and zip
lines of the script to according to your needs? If "install.rdf" is in
use, try to find out which process does use it - perhaps there's another
cscript running in background ... or just firefox hanging around.

I could provide you zip for download with all needed files in it (recent
firefox 3.6.11), if needed.

Best regards
Falko