[wpkg-users] Script execution: failure. Exit code: 1

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Wed Oct 27 22:23:05 CEST 2010

Hi Ulli,

I was recently bitten by an uninstall of Adobe CS3 which badly messed up the
.js file association - presumably because of Dreamweaver which registers
itself for those files.
It was not a matter of assuring .js files run with [cw]script.exe, because
somehow CS3 managed to completely break the thing - when running sth. like
"cscript /nologo somescript.js", WSH complained that it has no scripting
engine for files with the extension .js.
The simple fix was to set the (default) value of the registry key HKCR\.js to
"JSFile" (w/o the quotes).

HTH,
Malte