[wpkg-users] TrueCrypt again

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Sep 27 19:35:35 CEST 2010

Hi Paul,

On 27.09.2010 17:30, Paul McGrath wrote:
> This is a message for Marco who mailed back in May about Truecrypt.  I’ve
> cracked a silent installer for TrueCrypt 7.0a and posted instructions on the
> wpkg.org site which should be approved soon.

Oh, I didn't know that there is anything to "crack" there...

The key is that TrueCrypt needs the "truecrypt" service to be installed in order
to run without admin rights. It's also required to have a probper Uninstall entry.

All this information can be simply inserted using a shell cmd wrapper.
You might download my TrueCrypt package from Rapidshare. I've updated it to TC
7.0a as well and it's easily adaptable to new versions:

<http://rapidshare.com/files/421705842/TrueCrypt_v.7.0a.7z>