[wpkg-users] TrueCrypt again

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Sep 28 11:02:27 CEST 2010

Mandi! Paul McGrath
  In chel di` si favelave...

> This is a message for Marco who mailed back in May about Truecrypt.  I’ve
> cracked a silent installer for TrueCrypt 7.0a and posted instructions on the
> wpkg.org site which should be approved soon.

Unpacking and installing the program by hand, creating the service and
so on, work flawlessy.

There's no trouble at all to install TrueCrypt by WPKG, the real
trouble arise from updating it via WPKG if the box have ''on the fly''
disk encryption...

I've done some tests, and every time i got an unbootable box.
Ok, i can use the rescue CD to decrypt and then reencrypt the disk, but
it takes roughly two days of work, not feasable on a production
environment...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php