[wpkg-users] Minor issue with warning message

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Aug 2 02:37:30 CEST 2011

Hi Jeff,

On 29.07.2011 22:35, Jeff_Applegate at fws.gov wrote:
> Here is the initial warning message that users see in English, as I don't read
> any other languages I don't know if this issue is the same:
>
> <string id="notifyUserStart">Automatic software deployment is currently updating
> your system. *Plase safe* all your documents as the the system might reboot
> without further notice. Thank you.</string>
>
> It should state:
>
> <string id="notifyUserStart">Automatic software deployment is currently updating
> your system. *Please save* all your documents as the the system might reboot
> without further notice. Thank you.</string>
>
> I realize this is VERY minor. Thanks for looking at this.

Also minor stuff should be fixed as it gives a bad impression to users. Moreover
such things are easy to fix so there is no excuse for not fixing it.

Actually I would like that more such minor things are reported since it's a sign
that people focus on such things rather than having to deal with serious issues.

Changes included in next release:

Changes 2011-08-02, v1.2.1-RC7 by Rainer Meier <r.meier (at) wpkg.org>
NEW: Added extended host attribute matching support for the following package
      notes:
        <depends />
        <include />
        <chain />
        <download />

      As a result the following nodes cannow deal with extended host matching:
      In hosts.xml:
      <host name="..." proifile-id="..." os="..." ... />
      <variable name="..." value="..." os="..." ... />

      In profiles.xml:
      <variable name="..." value="..." os="..." ... />
      <package package-id="..." os="..." ... />

      In packages.xml:
      <variable name="..." value="..." os="..." ... />
      <depends package-id="..." os="..." />
      <include package-id="..." os="..." />
      <chain package-id="..." os="..." />
      <download url="..." target="..." os="..." />
      <install cmd="..." os="..." />
      <upgrade cmd="..." os="..." />
      <downgrade cmd="..." os="..." />
      <remove cmd="..." os="..." />

FIX: Fixed start notification text in English LCID specification in config.xml: