[wpkg-users] WPKG over multiple sites using local storage

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 16 19:41:40 CEST 2011

Hi Dave
  create a few settings xml files and corresponding settings merge/update packages, one for each site.  The difference between each setting xml will only be the value of the $SOFTWARE% var, equaling a software distribution point/server for each site.  Then make corresponding profile xmls and then test with PCs in your hosts file that represent each site.
  This way your european offices will still get their settings from the central London server but install software from their local server.
  Hope that helps
Paul