[wpkg-users] TQ: Why is the LCID of the installing user used?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sat Aug 27 00:51:05 CEST 2011

Hi again,

On 27.08.2011 00:49, Rainer Meier wrote:
>> So in some case something like lcid-os can be really very usefull....
>
> I have added lcidOS attribute to all extended host matching nodes.
>
> Full change log of WPKG 1.2.1-RC9:

This mail was of course not complete yet...

Changes 2011-08-27, v1.2.1-RC9 by Rainer Meier <r.meier (at) wpkg.org>
MOD: Updated log file handling. Now there is no intermediate local log file
      created any more. Instead a log is kept in memory as long as the log file
      is not initialized. If anything goes wrong WPKG still tries to flush the
      logs at least to a log file in %TEMP%.
      This potentially increases efficiency and execution speed slightly.
MOD: Enhanced parsing of command-line parameters.
      Enhances efficiency and potentially increases startup speed.
MOD: Added possibility to add true/false qualifiers to explicitly enable or
      disable a value on command line. As requested in bug 234.
      For example the following parameters are now supported:
      /quiet           Enables quiet mode.
      /quiet:true      Same as above. Enables quiet mode.
      /quiet:false     Explicitly disables quiet mode.
      /nonotify        Disable user notification.
      /nonotify:true   Same as above. Disables user notifications.
      /nonotify:false  Explicitly re-enable user notifications.
      Check 'cscript wpkg.js /help' for details.
      Thanks to Ben Hay for reporting.
NEW: Added new advanced host matching attribute "lcidOS" which matches against
      the executing host InstallLanguage attribute found at
      HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language.
      The use is identical to all other advanced host matching attributes.
      e.g.
      <install cmd="..." os="..." lcidOS="409" />
      <upgrade cmd="..." os="..." lcidOS="409" />
      Implemented as requested by Stefan Pendl and "grigribou".

Get WPKG 1.2.1-RC9 from SVN:
<http://wpkg.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wpkg/wpkg/stable/1.2/>